Wednesday, September 19, 2007

OHHHH TO BE YOUNG AGAIN!!


Johnny was planting some stuff (I say stuff because i tune out when it comes to yard work..) in the backyard and he came inside for a couple of minutes and told the girls "you can play with the water. Daddy will be right back" WELL this is what we found when we went back outside.




It was at that moment when I thought to myself. Do I freak out and get them clean ASAP or do i try and remember what it was like to be that age. Needless to say i chose to let them be the kids they should and found myself laughing at them and thinking Gosh I wish I could go in there and play with them it looks so fun. Why are adults so inhibited? Why do we lose that childhood innocence that is so sweet and refreshing that lets us be our complete selves without caring about the outcome? I have to say one of the most surprising pleasures of being a mom has to be the constant reminder of how to enjoy life and make the most of it. They had a blast and they played in that mud pile for hours. I am so grateful to them for their sweet presence in our home and the joy they bring into it.


We finally got them all bathed up and rewarded them for a hard day of play with sundaes.


6 comments:

Miller Family said...

I agree, that looks so fun. Maybe you can do that instead the next time you have friends over.

Tara said...

I think that looks like so much fun! Good for you for letting them be kids! That will be a memory much for cherished than getting mad at them and rushing to get them cleaned up.

Nicole Cave said...

They just took a "Mud Bath"!! People pay money for those you know. They just saw a great opportunity and took it!! Great for their skin. So, funny!!

Ann said...

man, that scenario looks familiar! Thank goodness for mud! your girls will love to have that picture as they get older. I love it!

Lila said...

What a great post. I love the new look of your page too. Well, it might not be so new but I haven't been around for a long while now. The girls are so cute!

Nicole Cave said...

Ashton wants to know just how long were they unattended while creating this mess!!